Monday, November 2, 2015

Red


Bibliographic Information
Title: Red
Artist: Taylor Swift
Type of Media: Audio CD
Label: Big Machine Records
Cpyright Date: October 22, 2012
ASIN: B008XNZMOU
Genre: Pop, Country
Curriculum Ties: Music
Interest Age: All Ages






Summary
This CD contains the following 16 songs:
  1. State of Grace                                                               4:55
  2. Red                                                                               3:40
  3. Treacherous                                                                  4:00
  4. I Knew You Were Trouble                                          3:38
  5. All Too Well                                                                5:27
  6. 22                                                                                 3:50
  7. I Almost Do                                                                 4:02
  8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together                3:11
  9. Stay Stay Stay                                                              3:24
10. The Last Time                                                             4:58
11. Holy Ground                                                                3:21
12. Sad Beautiful Tragic                                                    4:43
13. The Lucky One                                                            4:00
14. Everything Has Changed                                             4:03
15. Starlight                                                                       3:37
16. Begin Again                                                                 3:57

Critical Evaluation
This CD by Taylor Swift is well recorded and mixed to perfection making for a fun and spunky listen with great sound quality. Taylor Swift has stayed on the top of the charts since her debut album in 2008 and appeals to many people of all ages because of her carefree and portrayed innocence through her music. She is a young singer with music that is catchy and easy to sing and dance along with.

Reader's Annotation
Listen to this fun and addicting CD to have fun tunes stuck in your head for days.

Artist Biography
Hi, I'm Taylor. I love the number 13. I was born in December on a Christmas tree farm. I like imagining what life was like hundreds of years ago. I have blurry eyesight. My favorite thing in life is writing about life, specifically the parts of life concerning love. Because, as far as I'm concerned, love is absolutely everything. 
I'm easily excited, thrilled, scared, and shocked. I'm 22 now, but I never stopped jumping up and down when something wonderful happens. My biggest fear is getting bad news. Or, letting someone down. I really love showing people what I meant when I wrote a song, so my shows are very theatrical. I knock on wood constantly. I have a cat named Meredith. She's named after my favorite character on Grey's Anatomy, and she's fantastic. I live in Nashville, a magical land where 99% of the people are friendly and courteous drivers who let you in and don't honk at you.
I go into a trance when I'm in an antique store. I don't like it when something or someone turns out to be different than what you originally thought. Like when you're shopping and you find a really cute dress, only to realize it s actually a strange jumpsuit situation. But I mostly don't like it when it happens with people. I love my friends and I'm always making new ones. I don't really think you can ever stop making new friends or learning about as many new things as possible. I also don't think you should ever take life so seriously that you forget to play. 
Music has taken me all over the world, but the fans are the reason it's been so magical. I'm so blown away by how nice they are to me. It's strange to feel so understood by such a large group of people, but I love it. For the last two years, I've been working on an album called Red. I called it that because of the tumultuous, crazy adventures in love and loss that it chronicles. In my mind, when you experience love that's fast paced and out of control and mixes infatuation, jealousy, frustration, miscommunication, and all of those lovely emotions... In retrospect, it all looks red. 
I can't wait for so many things. But mostly I can't wait to see you, whether it's in a crowd or a coffee shop. Thank you for listening, showing up, reading, and taking such good care of me.
--Taylor


Red. (n.d.) Retrieved from
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Taylor-Swift/dp/B008XNZMOU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1446748521&sr=1-1&keywords=red+taylor+swift

Possible Challenges
Challenges would be surprising but if there were any it would be possibly for a song that mentions drinking and the emphasis she has on relationships.
 
Defense File
  • Have the library's selection policy and the Library Bill of Rights ready to hand out
  • Access to honest reviews from trusted sources
  • Know the awards, if any, the book has earned
  • Understand the material so you can explain the use of the book as a good talking point for serious and sensitive issues
  • A lot of times people just want their concerns heard, so make sure you listen
  • If they are still persistent be able to offer them a reconsideration form
  •  
    Reason for Inclusion I have included this CD within my collection because of the popularity of Taylor Swift with teenagers today and this CD has some of her most beloved songs on it along with a whole lot of other good ones.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment